It’s common knowledge that inflammation has been found to be the root of disease. Even back in 2004, it was on the cover of Time Magazine. However, there is a good chance that your doctor hasn’t talked with you about the topic, and definitely hasn’t given you natural ways to reduce inflammation. I’m here to help!
If you’ve been reading my blog, you have heard me talk about many different ways that inflammation is created in our bodies.
Poor Stress Management – Internal and External
Toxins in our Food, Body Products and Environment
Ingredients being slipped into our food, like Unhealthy Fats, Excitotoxins, Preservatives, Etc.
So what is a person to do? You can start here!
- Start incorporating a time of rest into your day. I call it Keeping Prayerful Silence. It’s a time when you are just focused on silence, the sound of your breath, prayer, and listening for God’s quiet voice. 10 minutes a day, preferably in the morning upon wakening, will not only enhance your prayer life, but also lower stress induced inflammation.
- Adaptogenic Herbs and Spices are a great addition to everyone’s diet. Cooking with Ginger and Tumeric is beneficial, as is adding Ashwaganda, Licorice Root and Boswellia through teas and supplements. Green tea in particular will help reduce inflammation.
- Foods that Lower Inflammation include foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like Wild Caught Salmon, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Nuts and Seeds. Add more Dark Leafy Greens. Tart Cherry Juice lowers inflammation. Onions and Garlic are an easy addition that you are probably already implementing! Fermented foods like Yogurt, Kombucha, and naturally fermented Sauerkraut and Pickles help through adding good bacteria and enhancing gut function.
- Low Impact Exercise isn’t just for weight loss or physical fitness! The benefits of even a 20 walk will reduce inflammation in your body.
- Stay Hydrated. Drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of filtered water every day helps your body flush out toxins that cause inflammation.
Just add these simple 5 steps into your daily routine, along with eliminating toxins from your diet and body care products, and you will make great strides in managing your inflammation induced pain and health issues.
All good recommendations today. However, did you mean to suggest drinking 1/2 of one’s body weight in filtered water/day? That sounds really excessive. thanks, and
Hello Kenneth, I sure did! And thank you for stressing the filtered water. The function of the water is to nourish our cells and to allow our body systems to function properly…not to mention flush out toxins. If the water is regular tap water which is so often filled with chlorine, fluoride, and other toxins like pharmaceutical drugs, we can actually cause more harm with this amount. God bless you too! Thank you for reading our blog!
What to do about friends with rabid views on Facebook ? I ignore a lot, express mild agreement or mild disagreement at times. The communication has become so rancorous (especially my most liberal friends).
Personally, I stopped following the people who just wanted to talk politics. I didn’t unfriend them…I just don’t see their posts. After everything dies down, I may choose to follow them again. Facebook can be used for so much good, and bring people together. That is really the only activity I want to see.